- Closing date
October 12th. (Temporary closed due to typhoon)
6th. 14th. 20th. 27th.
A dining space with trees and flowers that fade in and out across the seasons
Enjoying art and delicious seasonal dishes
"MoonFlower Sagaya Ginza, Art by teamLab" is a dining space born from a collaboration of Sagaya Ginza, a restaurant that specializes in seasonal dishes and the high quality brand of Wagyu beef "Saga Beef," and the art collective teamLab.
"MoonFlower" is an eight-seat restaurant, featuring a permanent digital art installation by teamLab, based on the theme of "Worlds Unleashed and then Connected." In Japanese, the word "tsukihana" conveys the meaning of affection and enjoyment. It is written using two kanji characters 月花: the first one "tsuki" meaning "moon" and the second one "hana" meaning "flower." Hence, the name "MoonFlower."
The restaurant’s interior space offers a perfect fusion of food and art. Here guests can enjoy delicious dishes made with seasonal ingredients, while appreciating an interactive digital art installation featuring trees and flowers that unfold themselves across the dinnerware, as they change from season to season.
Arita ware is characterized by its beautiful—almost transparent—white porcelain, as well as its vivid and intricate designs. Using techniques that have been handed down through generations for over 400 years, seasonal trees and flowers depicted on the dinnerware are released out, spreading widely onto the available space. New designs are released every month, based on unique Japanese scenery from across the four seasons of spring, summer, fall, and winter. For example, in spring, the theme may be "Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom," in summer "Lotus Flowers and Swimming Freshwater Trout," in fall "Japanese Maples Changing Color," and in winter "Japanese Camellia and Plum Trees." We hope that all our guests will be able to enjoy this absolutely extraordinary and unique dining experience.
MoonFlower Dinner Course: 12 dishes (limited to eight people per day, start time 19:00)
A 12-dishes menu based on the theme of "Turning high-quality seasonal ingredients into delicious dishes." The ingredients used are changed in line with the transition of the seasons, with new course dishes being designed for each season.
Worlds Unleashed and then Connecting
When a dish is placed on the table, the world contained within the dish is unleashed, unfolding onto the table and into the surrounding space. The worlds unleashed from each dish connect in the external space creating a new larger world. The worlds unleashed are affected by the other dishes on the table.
"MoonFlower Sagaya Ginza" is available by advance-booking only.
We accept reservations by telephone or online.
- We accept online reservations (24 hours a day)up to 13:00 on the day.Reservation
- We accept inquiries and telephone reservations (from 14:00 onward)up to 15:00 on the day.
MoonFlower Course for one person
12 dishes: ¥30,000 (excluding tax)
- Prices may vary due to availability of seasonal ingredients (between ¥25,000 and ¥30,000).
- Please fill in the special requests section when making your reservation with details of any allergies or special requests.
- We offer wine and Japanese sake as accompaniments for the course dishes.
- Start time
All guests start together at 19:00
- Please arrive at the restaurant by 18:50.
- Number of people
Up to eight people
- All guests to be seated at the same table.
- Restaurant Hire
Customers wishing to hire the restaurant for 6 people or more:
Make a booking for the MoonFlower Course Meal and hire the whole restaurant free of charge.
Customers wishing to hire the restaurant for 5 or less people:
Minimum total expenditure of ¥200,000 required for food and drink.
- Restaurant Hire Time
- The restaurant hire start time must be sometime between 17:30 and 20:30.
- Guests who are under 18 years old may enter the restaurant only as part of a restaurant hire.
- 10% service charge will be charged.
- Changes and Cancellations
- Cancellations made within 7 days before the reservation date will incur a cancellation fee of 30% of the course menu price.
Cancellations made within 3 days before the reservation date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the course menu price.
Cancellations made on the day of the reservation date will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the course menu price.
- Equipment Faults
If there are any faults with the equipment, and the like, during your meal, preventing the images from being projected onto the dining area, guests shall be given a refund for a third of the course menu price.
- Please note that your reservation may be canceled if a fault in the equipment is detected in advance, preventing us from getting the room (MoonFlower) ready.
- In this case, we would be under no obligation to provide compensation for any damages, loss, or for any other reason in relation to your transport to the restaurant (including negligence or any other illegal act, as long as all behavior has adhered to our terms and conditions).
- Restaurant name
- MoonFlower Sagaya Ginza
- 6th Floor, Puzzle Ginza, 2-5-19 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
(Building directly connected to Exit 5 at Ginza-itchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line)
Same floor as the Saga Beef Restaurant “Sagaya Ginza”
- No regular holidays (please check pagetop for details)
- Smoking seats
- Smoking area available inside the restaurant.
Saga Beef Restaurant “Sagaya Ginza”
Saga Beef Restaurant “Sagaya Ginza” welcomes customers with delicious dishes made with carefully selected ingredients from Saga and the high-quality brand of Wagyu beef "Saga Beef." Enjoy the flavors of Saga in a relaxing atmosphere, with delicious food served on Arita ware, accompanied by carefully-selected high quality wines and Japanese sake.sagaya-ginza.com
teamLab (f. 2001) is art collective, an interdisciplinary group of ultratechnologists whose collaborative practice seeks to navigate the confluence of art, science, technology, design and the natural world. Various specialists such as artists, programmers, engineers, CG animators, mathematicians and architects form teamLab.teamlab.art